The safety and welfare of children is considered at all times and it is our policy to ensure that all relevant checks are carried out. We thoroughly vet all of our candidates to ensure suitability. Checks are completed prior to the first placement and are repeated during their registration. The following checks apply to all candidates: –
- DBS – All candidates are required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check prior to placement. We recommend that all candidate register their DBS certificates with the Update service – with these being spot checked on a regular basis.
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act – All teachers are required to sign the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act during the application process.
- List 99 – All Teachers are subject to a check against List 99 prior to placement. This is undertaken after registration and a copy is retained on the candidates file. Further checks are carried out every 6 months to ensure the candidates continued suitability to teach.
- References – All candidates are required to provide details of at least two referees, one of whom must be their previous/current employer and ideally both who are able to comment directly on their performance in the education field. Both referees must be senior to the candidate and be contactable at their place of work
- Qualifications – All candidates must provide evidence that they hold qualified teacher status (QTS or QTLS) or provide evidence of qualifications that are relevant to the role. Ideally we require original documentation but in the absence of this a letter confirming the qualification from the training provider or a notarised copy will be accepted.
- Interviews – All candidates attend a personal face to face interview prior to placement.
- Identity Check – All candidates are required to provide at least 3 forms of identification. Two of which must be from group A and one must contain a photograph and if applicable one from group B. A further one item of Identification is required from Group C and must show a teachers current Address.
Acceptable ID documents
A. Valid passport and Visa/Permission to work
- UK Driving Licence – photo (if passport is not provided)
- Birth Certificate
- EU Identity Card
B. If the candidate has changed names through deed-poll or marriage documents in support of this will be required.
C. The following:
- p45/60 Statement
- Bank Statement*
- Utility Bill*
- Mortgage/Insurance statement*
- Addressed payslip*
- Correspondence from government department i.e. benefits agency, the employment service, the
- Inland Revenue*
*Dated within 3 Months
Medical Fitness – Candidates are required to complete a health questionnaire at registration. The information given will be kept strictly confidential and used only to assess the needs in the workplace.
Permission to work – To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 we ensure that all candidates has been given valid and subsiding leave to be in the UK by the Government and that leave does not restrict them in taking the job in question. We satisfy ourselves that the candidate is the rightful holder of any of the documents presented to us.